I’ve wanted to share this for a while, but Christmas happened and there was way too much good stuff to share through out December, so the birdies were put on hold… Actually, this gave me time to test the formula over and over again. It’s now the most tested recipe on the blog (that’s kind of funny 😀 ), but now we know exactly what our feathered neighbours like.
Hello?… Is anybody here?… I’m home.
“Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.”
– Dalai Lama
I hate drawn out good-byes, so I’d like to make this short and sweet…
A big thank you to Poppy, for nominating my little blog for the Super Sweet Blogging Award!… Poppy writes Poppy’s Patisserie, where you will find a delicious array of both sweet and savory dishes. Be sure to check out her Sticky Banana Toffee Pudding.
Here are the Super Sweet Blogging Award rules:
1. Give credit to the person who chose to nominate you.
2. Answer the “Super Sweet” questions.
3. Nominate a “Baker’s Dozen (13) blogs.
So without further ado……
Super Sweet Q&A:
1. Cookies or Cake? Cake
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
3. What is your favorite sweet treat? Vanilla Frosting (yup, frosting right out of the bowl)
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? When I’m awake
5. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? Cookie Lady (actually called that by a co-worker)
In turn, I nominate:
Go Bake Yourself
The Smart Cookie Cook
Heavenly Vegan Baking
Cookie’s Cakes and Bakes
Edibles and Travels
Paint Chips And Frosting
A Small Insight
Playing With Flour
In Vegetables We Trust
Sweet Little Thang
The Vanilla Duck
Eat Pray Bake
A couple of weeks ago, Kristy (Quinngoldie) nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Quinngoldie is a blog about a little of this and a little of that, and food. Sometimes her posts involve chocolate or caramel, so I highly recommend paying her a visit 😉
For those who are unfamiliar with the Versatile Blogger Award, the rules for participation are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
- Add The Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
- Nominate 8 fellow bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site. (Though I’m nominating only 3, because I think it’s more special that way).
- Let them know you have nominated them.
- Share 8 random facts about you.
So without further ado……
8 (Food) Facts About Me:
- Cookies are my favorite thing to bake because of their versatility and shareability.
- Dessert is my favorite meal of the day (shocking, I know )
- I (shamelessly) eat peanut butter straight from the jar.
- Chocolate is my nemesis.
- Cupcakes are my favorite food to photograph.
- I love Oreos… There I said it!… Oh the shame!
- As a child, I mistook mashed turnips for mashed potatoes. An unfortunate event that soured our relationship to this day.
- For me, licking the beaters is WAY better than eating the baked product.
The 3 Blogs I’m Passing The Award Along To Are:
- Playful And Hungry combines delicious food with Lego characters in her photo shoots. (Man, all the good ideas are taken)
- Check out the drool worthy Mac & Cheese recipes at That Was Vegan?
- The Vagabond Baker whips up delicious (and gorgeous) treats in the comfort of her campervan, as she overlooks whatever scenic location she happened upon that day. How cool is that?!