Hello?… Is anybody here?… I’m home.
“Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.”
– Dalai Lama
I hate drawn out good-byes, so I’d like to make this short and sweet…
A big thank you to Poppy, for nominating my little blog for the Super Sweet Blogging Award!… Poppy writes Poppy’s Patisserie, where you will find a delicious array of both sweet and savory dishes. Be sure to check out her Sticky Banana Toffee Pudding.
Here are the Super Sweet Blogging Award rules:
1. Give credit to the person who chose to nominate you.
2. Answer the “Super Sweet” questions.
3. Nominate a “Baker’s Dozen (13) blogs.
So without further ado……
Super Sweet Q&A:
1. Cookies or Cake? Cake
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
3. What is your favorite sweet treat? Vanilla Frosting (yup, frosting right out of the bowl)
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? When I’m awake
5. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? Cookie Lady (actually called that by a co-worker)
In turn, I nominate:
A couple of weeks ago, Kristy (Quinngoldie) nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Quinngoldie is a blog about a little of this and a little of that, and food. Sometimes her posts involve chocolate or caramel, so I highly recommend paying her a visit ;-)
For those who are unfamiliar with the Versatile Blogger Award, the rules for participation are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
- Add The Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
- Nominate 8 fellow bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site. (Though I’m nominating only 3, because I think it’s more special that way).
- Let them know you have nominated them.
- Share 8 random facts about you.
So without further ado……
8 (Food) Facts About Me:
- Cookies are my favorite thing to bake because of their versatility and shareability.
- Dessert is my favorite meal of the day (shocking, I know )
- I (shamelessly) eat peanut butter straight from the jar.
- Chocolate is my nemesis.
- Cupcakes are my favorite food to photograph.
- I love Oreos… There I said it!… Oh the shame!
- As a child, I mistook mashed turnips for mashed potatoes. An unfortunate event that soured our relationship to this day.
- For me, licking the beaters is WAY better than eating the baked product.
The 3 Blogs I’m Passing The Award Along To Are:
- Playful And Hungry combines delicious food with Lego characters in her photo shoots. (Man, all the good ideas are taken)
- Check out the drool worthy Mac & Cheese recipes at That Was Vegan?
- The Vagabond Baker whips up delicious (and gorgeous) treats in the comfort of her campervan, as she overlooks whatever scenic location she happened upon that day. How cool is that?!
Wow, not one, but two spiffy new blog awards within just a few short days of each other. This second one came to me from Angela, who runs Canned Time. Check out her blog for not only yummy recipes but her gorgeous photos. Thank you Angela! :-)
The rules for the Healthy Fun Blogger Award are as follows:
1. Copy the Healthy Fun Food Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. List 5 favorite fun food recipes from your site.
4. Nominate 3 other bloggers for their own Healthy Fun Food Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
My 5 favorite recipes from my site are:
I’d like to nominate (in no particular order):